Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 is the latest among many of the routers that Netgear released. The router has a dual band 802.11ac router lineup. The Nighthawk AC1900 is superb in terms of external looks but that isn’t what makes this router such a beast. It has excellent browsing and download speeds on its 5GHz band. These qualities combined has shortened the buffering time while streaming. The reduction in buffer time has catapulted the Nighthawk AC1900 to be amongst the best Nighthawk AC1900. Check these list of best wifi routers.
One of the features that sets this router apart from other Netgear home routers is the inclusion of a built-in OpenVPN server. The router also comes with a superb support for Broadcom TurboQAM that gives you a very fast Wi-Fi speed that has a limit that is around 600Mbps. The other feature that makes the Nighthawk AC1900 router a beast is a support it has for third-party firmware. Third-party firm wares like DD-WRT are supported by this router.
One thing worthy of note is the fact that it is big in size. Amongst Netgear’s Wi-Fi routers, the Nighthawk AC1900 is the bulkiest of all. In order to accommodate it in your house or your work space, you will need to create a lot of space for it. There are other requirements that you will need to carry out such as having a wall-socket and a power adapter that will adapt to its high power usage.
NETGEAR genie mobile Apps
Using the Netgear genie mobile app to setup your router. First step is to join your home network. Proceed to log into your NETGEAR router after that. You can set it up from your phone or your iPad.
- The first step is to open the netgear mobile.
- Quickly navigate to your home network and join the connection.
- Launch your netgear mobile app form your phone or iPad and login.
- Input your login details “router default user name is admin while the default password is a password”.
You should adhere to change the password to something stronger afterwards for security reasons.
- The last step is to login to your router.
Upon launching the mobile app, you will see many sections that will make your navigation much easier. These sections include.
- Wireless Settings: you can view or make changes to your router here.
- Guest Access: How guest will have access to your home router is being set in this section.
- Network Map: This shows you how many devices are currently connected to your router.
- Parental Controls: Setting up parental controls happens in this section.
- Traffic Meter: Check all the necessary traffic information regarding your router. You can also make changes to it.
- My Media: This section allows you to play media files or share it with other devices connected to your home network.
NETGEAR genie Desktop Apps
The other way to set it up is through the desktop app. The Netgear desktop dashboard allows you to see the current status of your router’s internet connection. You can check the menus available for more information on your home network.
To access you netgear genie app features, log in to your router:
- The username is admin while the password is “password”.
Once your set up is complete, you can enjoy this amazing router with an internet speed that will wow you.